Monday, May 27, 2013

Thank You Cards for my Nieces

I'm so far behind in my posting.  I'm so sorry for that.  That last 9 weeks of school was a killer!  We did two major projects and then the end of the year crunch is always time consuming.  I'm going to be working on my crafting and blogging steadily over the summer, though, so that I can get into a routine that can carry over into the next school year.  I have been making some things and then saving them as drafts to post later so I'll have a lot of posts this week for you.  :)

My sister and I recently did the Expedition Everest Challenge 5K and Scavenger Hunt down at Animal Kingdom.  It was a blast!  We're both working on getting healthy and improving our lifestyles and doing fun runs like that turns out to be a great way to get motivated to do that.  Plus the sister bonding has been great.  :)  Anyway, she lives about an hour and a half away so we don't get together often to train together.  The first time we got together for training, my daughter came with me to watch the little girls and we stayed the night before the practice run so we would already be there the next morning and wouldn't have to get up and drive.  I am so not a morning person.  The little girls said we were having a royal sleepover and thought it was all about them, which was totally adorable, and partly right.  lol

These are the thank you cards I made for them for letting us come and have a royal sleepover with them.  The oldest one's nickname is Lilybug and the little one is the "Silly Little Monkey."  

I used a variety of Stampin' Up! paper and Walmart patterned paper.  The red is Cherry Cobbler from Stampin up!  The red polka dotted paper is from one of their Christmas collections.  I don't think they carry that one any more, though.  The black and white patterned paper is from Walmart's black and white 8.5 x 11 pack.  The black textured and white textured papers are both from Walmart.

  

The lavender and yellow papers are both from Stampin' Up!  The green polka dots are from Hobby Lobby and the patterned paper at the bottom is some I had in my stash from forever ago.  I probably got it from Michael's, because that's the only craft store I got patterened paper from back then.  

The lady bug and monkey are both blingy stickers I found at Hobby Lobby.  It was so perfect that they had something there for both girls at the same time that I just had to get them.  The cards were made around the stickers. 


I was hoping they would love them!  Look how happy they are!  My sister said she is going to frame them and make them part of their room decor.  Great idea!  I'll get pictures and add them when I go see them in a couple of weeks for our next practice run.  We're doing the Happy Haunted 5K in October.  Woot woot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment