Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Card for a Dear Friend

My friend, who is also my "dealer", has had to deal with a lot in her life lately.  She handles everything with such grace that I just wanted to do something for her.  I know it's a small thing, but she likes to get cards in the mail from her customers/friends, so I decided to make that my next project.  And I decided to make her work for it.  lol  Just kidding!  I asked her to challenge me with 3 colors from the new Stampin' Up! catalog, so she sent me two combinations.  One of them was Pacific Point, Gray Granite, and Soft Sea Foam, so this is what I came up with, with the help of Pinterest, of course.



I did cheat a little.  I haven't had time to stockpile embellishments in the new colors so I used some baker's twine in Early Espresso.  I think it works very well with the Gray Granite that comes out a little more brownish than gray. (not a complaint-just an observation-it's very pretty)

My next card will use the other combination she suggested, but we may have to wait a few days for that.  This is a very busy teacher week for me for some reason, and I have a race this weekend so....I don't know.  I may get back up to my loft tonight and work on it since I'm anxious to see if the other color combination is going to be as pretty as this one was.

The layers are:

  • standard 5.5" x 4.25" card base in Whisper White
  • Pacific Point card stock 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
  • Whisper White 5 1/8" x 4" (for stamped images)
  • scrap of Whisper White and Pacific point for sentiment.

Other supplies pictured below:


As I'm looking at this picture, I'm wondering if I'm missing one of my scalloped ovals.....hmmmm  I'm going to have to check on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment