Thursday, November 29, 2012

Latest Card for my Marine Recruit

Earlier I mentioned that I needed to get another card made for my youngest.  He requested some pictures from home and it was time to send another round of power bars and Gatorade packets anyway.  

By the way, we're a little over a third of the way through.  I miss him so much!  I can't wait to see him again in January!  :)

Here is my latest patriotic card.  I'm sticking with the patriotic theme for his cards, because he's a homebody, and this is actually the last thing we expected him to do.  He has asked us to share his address with everybody so I know he's homesick and wants to connect.  I don't want to do anything seasonal that would cause him to think about what we might be doing to get ready for Christmas without him.  I want him to remember what he's there for when he sees red, white and blue with stars and stripes.  :)

By the way, I couldn't find a manly border so I used the decorative label punch and only punched the edge, lining it up as I went to make it look more borderish.  I'm undecided as to whether or not I like it.  On the one hand, it's interesting and not girly.  On the other, it's not bordery enough either.  Guess I'll have to head back to Hobby Lobby to find something I can use.  There are just some hardships in life we must bear.  LOL :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment