Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Post-it Note Holder

So, at the school where I work, each grade level has their own aide that runs copies, laminates, and does various other helpful things that make our lives as teachers easier.  Also at my school, is my best friend.  As she revealed in her comment on my first blog post, we are a little competitive.  So, anyway, we have been teaching the same grade level since last school year and have made it our business to competitively suck up mercilessly to our grade level aide.  She gets a kick out of it, and it gives us a chance to fit in little bursts of creativity throughout each week of the school year.  We do it all brown-nosey notes on the copy request slips, poems, drawings, song parodies, and now this.  I think I will thrust myself back into first place after this one.  Good luck beating this one, Bestie!  The gauntlet has been thrown down.  Nay nay.  It has been emphatically cast down.  Will you pick it up?


The inspiration for this project came from a pencil cup she has on her desk at school that has a black background with large white dots and the bright pink and green trim around it.  

The pink and green paper is from an 8 x 8 pack of bright colors I got from Michael's I don't know when.  I've had it forever and have hardly ever used it.  The colors were just too pretty to pass up, but I don't do a lot with brights.  After this, I'll be using them quite a bit more.  Who knew?  That brings me to the black and white flowers.......you'll never guess where it came from.  I can hardly believe it myself.  I have bought a lot of paper from this source.  It's cheap and a lot of scrapbookers turn their noses up at it.  Walmart!  It was a $5.00 pack of 8.5 x 11 scrapbook paper.  Can you believe it?  I mean, look at it!  It just blows my mind how cute it turned out with "cheap crap" paper.  I can almost hear you asking yourself why she buys paper she thinks is "cheap crap."  What can I say?  It's an addiction.  I don't care where I am.  When the craving comes on, I get whatever is nearby.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Watch out! What's she gonna do to top you! Remember! Shr had a week off! Hahahaha! You two are too funny. Tell everyone hello for mr & that I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm a little nervous, because she's so talented and usually blows me out of the water with what she creates.

    We miss you, too!

    ReplyDelete