Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Finally Got Them Sent Off! Whew!

I think I've mentioned that I was working on cards for my youngest son's recruit platoon.  I also decided to do some for my oldest son's flight of AFROTC cadets.  My daughter needed a couple to give to friends as well.  Anyway, I ended up making a grand total of 92 of these.  They were so simple to make and turned out really pretty.  




 

The paper is the white 12 x 12 paper pack from Walmart, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, and Not Quite Navy from Stampin' Up!, and a cute seasonal paper pack from Hobby Lobby.  I think it's by The Paper Studio.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up! It's from a set called Sincere Salutations.  It's one of my favorites.  You'll see it on a lot of my projects.  :)

For the Marine recruits, they can only have power bars, so my mother-in-law went in together and bought power bars for the whole platoon.  I wish I had taken a picture of them.  I tied a blue ribbon around each one and then pop-dotted a sparkly snowflake on each one.  

For the ROTC cadets, I baked some cookies and did the same with the ribbon and snowflakes only on plastic baggies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment